Mac error code 3001f is a code error associated with Mac operating system which occurs when trying to reboot your system after erasing the disk to re-install the Mac operating system.
Perhaps you’ve restore your factory setting and on the process to re-install the Mac operating system or recover your files back over the internet you got this error 3001f don’t panic!
Because, there is a solution behind every Mac error and error 3001f is not an exception, it could be that there is a problem with your network connection or slow network connection perhaps you need to connect to another network and if the problem persists you can create a bootable installer on another Mac user’s device to repair the internal disk and reinstall the MAC OS.
Tips on how to fix Mac Error Code 3001f
Double check your internet network connection and if there is no problem with your internet connection then connect to another network perhaps through hotspot or better still connect to a wired Ethernet network it gives better connection than WI-FI.
How to connect Mac device to a wired Ethernet network
- Ensure the Ethernet cable is connected to the modem
- Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port on your Mac device
- Make sure that the Ethernet indicates successful connection by the beeping green light
- Go to system preferences icon on the dock
- Click internet and network
- Then click the network icon
- Then click Ethernet from the connection list
- Then “choose using DHCP” under “configure IPV4”
- Click apply
- Then quit system preferences and save settings
After establishing a reliable network connection then boot your system from apple server’s by holding down command+R
To repair the recovery partition with Disk utility
You can fix the internal drive using disk utility but before then, you have to create a bootable USB installation media with the OSX installer. Download OSX installer by logging into app store on another user’s Mac device then create a bootable installer device.
Then insert the bootable USB installation media on your system as the external drive. And Follow these steps to use the bootable USB installation as your start-up disk.
- Select apple menu
- Click system preferences
- Type administrator password
- choose your start up disk, then restart Mac
- Select the disk utility
- Select the recovery partition drive
- Click verify
- Then click repair disk
- After disk utility detects problems and fix them
- Then reboot
- Then retry installing the Mac OS.
Mac error code 3001f occurs when rebooting your computer after deleting or erasing the disk content.
And you can fix this error by using a reliable network such as the Ethernet connection to boot your system from the apple’s server or run a disk utility by using the bootable USB installation media as your start up disk to repair the recovery partition disk and then re-install Mac OS.